Stress: 5 v/s Your Health: 0
For a decent quality of life, maintaining good overall health is essential. For those people who are suffering from high levels of stress, they may find their overall health and happiness suffering. In this article, we will take a closer at some of the examples of how stress and poor quality of life can affect a person’s health and wellness.
The Problems with Stress
The main problem with stress is that it can cause all kinds of negative health problems such as:
- Lethargy (lack of energy and enthusiasm),
- Depression and
- Other physical symptoms, especially those connected with the stomach,
- And there are more serious health issues which can arise if stress is left unchecked.
As stress becomes longer lasting it causes more intense problems, and it can have a dramatic impact on a person’s immune system and hormone levels. Stress dramatically affects a person’s overall health because it gradually affects a person’s ability to fight illness and infections.
Social Relationships & Work Life
There are many different ways in which a person can become stressed, and relationships and work are two of the biggest causes of high stress levels in people.
- Relationships: The relationships a person has with their partners, children and work colleagues can have either a positive or negative impact on stress levels.
- Work: When things are going well with work and relationships, it is normal to find that stress levels are lowered. Yet the opposite is true when it comes to high stress levels, as these are often caused by poor work and home life situations.
Stress and Physical Symptoms
Stress can affect your overall health and wellness in a number of ways, and the most serious of these include dangerous problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Diabetes and gastric problems are also a by-product of high and damaging stress levels. Sudden weight loss or weight gain is another sign of a problem with stress levels and can have dramatic effects on a person’s overall health.
Combating Stress Related Health Problems
It is important that you try as much as you can to lower stress levels, which will help you to maintain a good level of health and wellness. At EZ Wellness Club, we try to help individuals in all walks of life to reach a better state of health and to keep it that way as a lifestyle.
Subscribe to our newsletter for more weekly information and check out the EZ Wellness Store for the best products for Health and Well Being.